What is a Micro-Influencer?
To me, a micro-influencer is sort of the “tween” of the blogging world. It’s someone who has been blogging for a while and knows the ropes a bit, but hasn’t quite made it into the major leagues yet. I would definitely consider myself a micro-influencer. I’ve been blogging for a decade now and have been monetized for several years, but haven’t quite made it to the point of becoming an recognized Influencer who can get all the great brands and sponsors with a snap of her fingers (sigh).
Disclosure: This post may contain sponsored links. If you purchase something from them, I’ll receive a small commission. It’s one of the ways I pay for my site.
Here are some key attributes of a micro-influencer:
- They have a modest but growing Following on social media. Usually between 1K and 20K.
- They have an established site with some helpful posts up and running, creating a bit of regular traffic.
- A blogger at this level should have been doing some work with brands and should have a stylish social presence that will be appealing to brands. Ideally, she (or he!) should be comfortable with affiliate marketing, but it isn’t strictly necessary.
But I’m too small – brands won’t work with me.
That might be true of “some brands”. You probably aren’t going to land deals with the huge national brands – yet. But brands are just like us. Some of them are up and coming too. Many of these mid-level brands are very happy to work with someone smaller who has a more personal touch. Especially if that blogger is willing to work hard, meet deadlines, and put lots of creativity into developing a unique campaign. Who wouldn’t want to work with that person?
What you will learn in the Micro-Influencer’s Handbook
- How to work from home, or anywhere really, to successfully monetize your online presence (i.e. become and Instagram, Facebook or Pinterest STAR!).
- You’ll learn how to approach brands with a pitch and a media kit that will get their ATTENTION.
- How to get your name on Brand’s PR lists as an in-demand influencer. This gets your foot in the door for sponsored posts, giveaway opportunities, events, free products, and much more.
- Chelsea even has a top-secret list of her own favorite brands that prefer to work with folks like us. My name is going to be on that list – do you want yours on there too???
- You also need to know how to create your business plan so you are focused on the right actions at the right time. This course will show you exactly how to create that and keep it up to date.
- Very important topic – how to grow your Email list and use it like a PRO. Having an active and engaged mailing list is VERY attractive to brands of all sizes.
- How to get brands to want to give you free clothes, hotel stays, and other valuable products/services, including nice rates for your sponsored posts and social media pitches.
[clickToTweet tweet=”Are you a small blogger struggling to attract brands and sponsors? Try the Micro-Influencer’s Handbook. http://helpfornewbloggers.com/Handbook You’ll be SO glad you did when the money starts rolling in!” quote=”Are you a small blogger struggling to attract brands and sponsors? Try the Micro-Influencer’s Handbook course. You’ll be SO glad you did when the money starts rolling in!” theme=”style2″]
How to Reach Micro-Influencer Status
At this point, if you’re reading this, you’re probably not quite there. That’s why you might want to consider getting this course and then CRANK on it, baby! The sooner you can start earning great money and perks, the better! You’ll learn how to
- Polish up your social media presence to make you appealing to the brands you want to work with.
- Leverage affiliate marketing to earn money while you sleep (I sleep so much BETTER that way!)
- Learn to write in an appealing style and also learn how to pitch to brands to get approved EVERY time – I definitely haven’t learned this yet – have you??
- How to pitch products to your circle of friends and family without being “that person” who annoys the heck out of everybody. It’s like a delicious chocolate chip cookie, of course you’re going to OFFER it to them, but you’re not going to be a jerk about it if someone is on a diet or doesn’t like chocolate!
So are you ready to give the Micro-Influencer’s Handbook a try? I’ve only had time to do a couple of lessons, but already I’ve learned so much!
[button url=”http://helpfornewbloggers.com/Handbook”] GET IT HERE [/button]